|Rich hard at work in the kitchen!|
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
-2 cups panko bread crumbs
-6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 tablespoons honey
-salt and pepper to taste
-4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
-2 roasted red peppers
-crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C--yes I know, that is scary high, but we turn it down, so don't fret if your oven does not go that high). Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Rinse the chicken in cold water and cut into strips.
3. Stir together egg, Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper until smooth (you may add some additional Panko bread crumbs also if you would like--I highly recommend it). Set aside.
5. Next, coat with bread crumbs.
6. Place onto prepared baking sheet. You will notice we did spray the tops of the chicken with some butter. You can skip this step if you are watching your calories, or use a light butter.
7. Place into preheated oven and turn the oven down to 375 degrees F. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink and the coating is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes on each side.
8. Top with goat cheese and a sliced roasted red pepper over the top. Garnish with parsley.
We had made one pan with goat cheese and red pepper and one without. Both looked (and tasted) amazing!