This is also a classic recipe of my mom's. So classic that when she makes it, my brother and I fight over it (among other family members)! It's really easy, and if you don't like cheesecake (like me), you will love this--I promise! Alternatively, you can also use a strawberry, blueberry, apple, or raspberry filling as a topping.
Prep time: 15 mins (4 hours of settle time)
-1 graham cracker pie crust
-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-1/3 cup lemon juice
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 package cream cheese
-1 can cherry pie filling
1. Let cream cheese sit out until it is room temperature and soft. Cut it into small pieces. Or, if you are impatient like me, pop it in the microwave at 20 second intervals. But don't cook it! It should not turn brown or appear burnt.
2. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Use mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth.
4. Add in lemon juice and continue to mix.
5. Add in the vanilla and mix until well blended.
6. Pour mix into pie crust.
7. Cover the pie, and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours.
8. Remove pie from refrigerator. Add cherry topping and serve.