This is my mom's chili recipe from as long ago as I can remember! It's not at all spicy, so feel free to spice it up accordingly.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
-1lb ground beef
-1 6oz can tomato paste
-1 can tomato soup
-1 16oz can tomato sauce
-1 can red kidney beans
-1 1/2 cup tomato juice (not V8!)
-1 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-3/4 cup macaroni noodles
1. Spray a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium heat on stovetop.
2. Chop onion into small pieces.
3. Add onion and ground beef to pot and brown ground beef.
4. Drain and rinse kidney beans under cool water. Set aside.
5. In a new pot, bring water to a boil then add noodles. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
6. Shake up tomato juice and add to ground beef, once browned.
7. Add tomato sauce and stir.
8. Add tomato soup and stir.
9. Add tomato paste and stir. This one thickens the mixture.
10. Add chili powder and stir.
11. Add pepper and stir.
12. Add beans and stir.
13. Turn burner heat down to medium-low.
14. Drain noodles and mix in with chili.
I like to jazz up my chili with toppings like sour cream and shredded cheese and crackers. Feel free to get creative. Also, a wee bit of cayenne pepper will increase the hotness of the chili.