Hey there! I have come to the realization that I have a thing for the holidays. Seriously, when I have a house of my own, I am totally gonna be one of those people who has every square inch of my house decked out for every holiday. Lights, cheesy decorations, the works. Everybody has their something! I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it. It's perfect if you have little ones, or young nieces and nephews, and super easy. Heck, it's even good for adults (I totally made my boyfriend Josh find them, and hide them too). It's super simple and will cost you under $10 for all the materials.
-Plastic Easter eggs
-Glow sticks (earring or bracelet size work best, the smaller the better)
-Pipe cleaners (optional)
2. Fold the glow stick in a circular fashion twice (around 2 fingers, if it helps) like so:
3. Wrap a pipe cleaner around and secure around the glow stick. You will need to do this in several places in order for it to hold. My finished product was a little frightening:
4. Now stuff it into an egg. Carefully. Seriously, I bent my first one a little too far, and it broke, leaving me with glowing hands. Whoops! The downfall with the pipe cleaners, besides the appearance is that it obviously covers up a bunch of the glow stick, making your egg not glow so brightly. Now here is the easier way. When I figured this out, I was kicking myself...
5. Fold the glow stick in a circular fashion twice, just as before, intertwining it like a pretzel. There is a plastic piece included with your bracelets, which I overlooked the first time. Simply fasten each end into this piece to secure (it takes a little elbow grease, just to warn you!)
6. Slip the little ring into the Easter egg and tuck it in well.
7. Close the egg. Voila! Now go hide those bad boys outside (or inside, if you live in the Midwest...it is still freeeeeezing!)
Now, I am a bit anal about colors, so I matched my glow sticks to the egg colors.You don't have to!
Also, if you use bigger eggs, you can include candy or notes (I would recommend non-edible items in case the glow stick leaks). Here is something else fun you can make...Glow bugs! All I did was hot glue some eyes on the egg, drew a mouth on with a permanent marker, and them hot glued pipe cleaners on for antenna and legs!