Fried Ricotta Cheese Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes (1-2 mins per cheese ball batch)
-1 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
-1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 cups Panko bread crumbs
-3/4 cups flour
-Vegetable oil (for frying)
-6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
-2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
-1 tablespoon of honey
-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
1. For the Fritters: In a small bowl combine the ricotta, mozarella, salt, and pepper.
2. In another bowl pour the panko. In a third bowl lightly beat the eggs. Put the flour in a fourth bowl.
3. Scoop a 1 1/2 tablespoon ball of the cheese mixture into the flour and roll to coat.
4. Transfer the ball to the eggs and roll to coat.
5. Transfer the cheese ball to the panko and again roll to coat. Transfer the ball to a plate. Continue with the remaining cheese mixture.
6. Meanwhile heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees F. Fry fritters in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel to drain. Serve warm with Balsamic Dipping Sauce.
8. For the Balsamic Dipping Sauce: Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and honey with a whisk. Blend until combined. Season with the salt and pepper.
|Bob mixing up the sauce|
9. Serve in a small bowl alongside the fritters.