I love cauliflower, and frankly, anything fried. So naturally, this recipe jumped up and bit me. It does have a kick to it! I am a wimp and totally cried when I ate it, but it was still good. Here is the original recipe.
Bang Bang Cauliflower
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
-1 head of cauliflower
-1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
-1/2 cup egg whites
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/4 cup cornstarch
-1 tablespoon garlic powder
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1/4 cup light mayonnaise
-1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce or Sriracha
-2 tablespoons sugar
-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1. Wash cauliflower and cut into small florets.
2. Get 3 bowls. Line them up in a row. In the first one, pour the cornstarch. In the second one, pour the egg whites. In the third one, mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Panko.
3. Dip each piece of cauliflower in the cornstarch.
4. Dip each piece in the egg whites.
5. Dip each piece in the Panko.
6. Place on a plate and set aside.
7. Heat the vegetable oil in a shallow pan. When hot, place cauliflower in. Cook until brown, then flip until browned on each side.
8. Remove from pan. Soak up excess oil with paper towel.
9. Mix up the hot sauce, light mayo, sugar, and rice vinegar.
10. Chop up green onions into tiny pieces.
11. Pour over the top of the cauliflower. Sprinkle the green onions on top for garnish and serve immediately.