This featured blog is very delicious. It's a great alternative for meat, and just as filling. Here is the original recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
-1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
-2 10 oz packages of frozen spinach
-1/2 onion, chopped
-1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
-1 32 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
-1 1/2 cup water
-2 cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 8 oz package of part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
-1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup of chopped, fresh parsley
-1 tablespoon of salt
-1/8 tsp black pepper
-8 oz lasagna noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Rinse the spinach and dry thoroughly. Chop up.
2. On medium heat on the stove top, sautée the spinach, onion, oregano, basil, and garlic in the olive oil.
3. Pour in the spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg.
5. Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a lasagna pan. Place 4 uncooked noodles on top of the sauce and top with a layer of sauce. Add 4 more noodles and layer with 1/2 sauce and 1/2 cheese mixture, and then continue to layer with noodles until all is layered, with cheese on top.
6. Cover with foil, and bake in the over for 55 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 15 minutes.
Post a Comment