This was a really simple idea for making your own Christmas tree ornaments that I saw on Pinterest. So here is the original idea. I actually will have a part 2 for this post when I find out how exactly to decorate these further (I have a sweet idea in mind), so stay tuned!
-glass ornaments (I bought 2 packs of 6, and they were $4.99 ea. at Michael's)
-glitter in desired colors (I used Martha Stewart's line of glitter from Michael's)
-Pledge Floor Care Finish (about $6 at Wal-Mart)
-hooks for hanging ornaments ($2 at Michael's)
1. Take the top off of an ornament. Pour some Pledge into the ornament.
2. Gently swirl the Pledge around in the ornament, coating it entirely and thoroughly, and try to avoid making bubbles.
3. Pour out the excess Pledge back into its container, once the inside of the ornament is coated.
4. Pour a good amount of glitter into the ornament. And by good amount, I mean like 1/4 of the bottle of glitter.
5. Swirl the glitter around and cover the ornament entirely. You may need to add more glitter to fully coat, if you see gaps.I recommend to add a lot, put your thumb over the hole, and shake vigorously to coat all the way up to the top of the ornament.
6. Pour the excess glitter back into its container.
7. Clean the outside of the ornament with a warm, damp washcloth, if needed, to remove any glitter or Pledge.
8. Replace the cap, and repeat for the other ornaments.
9. When finished, add ornament hooks and hang on your tree!
Post a Comment