This is one of my mom's classic recipes. It takes a bit of time, but the prep is quick and the result is well worth the wait.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-2 cans of cream soup (I use mushroom myself, but cream of celery or chicken also works)
-1 1/2 cans of milk (what I mean by this is enough milk from a gallon that you can fill up an empty can of that cream soup, plus another 1/2 can)
-1 package of dry onion soup
-1 1/2 cups Minute rice
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix the 2 cans of cream soup, milk, and uncooked Minute rice together in a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the pan on top of the rice mixture.
5. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the dry onion soup mix.
6. Cover the top of the pan and seal tightly with aluminum foil.
7. Bake in the oven for 90 minutes. The key to this recipe is NO PEEKING! You have to just trust that all will be well (it always is!)