Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
|Avocado fries ingredients|
|Dipping sauce ingredients|
-olive oil (or cooking oil) for frying
-1 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
-1 tsp lemon pepper
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp cumin
-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
-juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1. Mix together the Panko breadcrumbs, lemon pepper, salt, and cumin. Set aside.
2. Beat the 2 eggs in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut the avocados in half. Now, I made a bit of a mess trying to get them apart, but I was told of a trick (after the struggle of cutting one open, of course). If you slice the avocado down the middle all the way around (obviously you can't cut through the pit part), then gently twist the two halves apart, you shouldn't have to squish much of it.
4. Remove the skin gently with a knife, then cut the avocado the long way into slices. I obviously wasn't going for perfection here ;).
5. Dip each avocado slice first into the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Then, dip it into the beaten egg mixture.
7. Finally, dip it back into the breadcrumbs, and coat it well.
8. Repeat until all slices are fully coated.
9. Heat a pan with 2-3 inches of oil in it on high on the stove top. When the oil is hot, place each coated avocado slice into the oil and let fry until golden brown (2-3 minutes)
10. Remove the slice with tongs and place on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb some of the oil. Let cool for 10 minutes.
11. Prepare the sauce by blending the cilantro, lemon juice, and mayonnaise together until the result is a creamy sauce. I threw this in my blender.
12. Serve the fries with the dipping sauce.