Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
-10 lasagna noodles
-salt and pepper, to taste
-pinch of dried basil leaves
-pinch of oregano
-10 oz spinach, chopped (I bought a 9oz bag not chopped, and just tore it up, but didn't even use half)
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-15 oz ricotta cheese
-32 oz tomato sauce
-1 bag shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and spinach in a bowl. When adding the spinach, I added a handful, mixed, added another handful, and mixed.
3. Ladle about 1 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish. Set aside.
4. Cook the lasagna noodles as directed on the package.
5. Once noodles are cooked, drain the water and lay each noodle out on a piece of wax paper or foil (I used tongs to grab them gently when they were too hot to touch). Allow the noodles to cool and dry for about 5 minutes.
6. Take 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture and scoop it onto each noodle. Spread the mixture out across the noodle.
7. Roll each noodle up, making sure that the seam is on the bottom.
8. Place into the baking pan.
9. Spoon tomato sauce over each roll.
10. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each roll.
11. Cover the dish with foil and place in oven for 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
12. Remove dish from oven. Place a spoonful of sauce on your plate, heat in the microwave for 12 seconds, and then place lasagna roll on top of the sauce on the plate and serve.