If you are looking for a way to add more sparkle to your life (let's be honest, I am always looking to do that), here is a super easy way to jazz up the common house key! This is an easy craft, but with the drying time for the Mod Podge should take you about an hour. Here is the original idea.
-a brush or sponge
-old newspapers or magazines
Here is the "Before" key (yawn!):
1. Lay newspaper down as your workspace. Trust me, you won't want to glitterize your entire house. Well, unless you are Ke$ha...
2. Lay the key flat, take a paint brush, dip it in the Mod Podge, and paint the section of the key you want to add glitter to. I recommend staying towards the upper portion of the key, because you might not want to jam up your lock with glitter. Just sayin'..
3. Sprinkle glitter all over the Mod Podged area.
4. Shake off the excess glitter.
5. Allow Mod Podge to dry for at least 15 minutes.
6. Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the glitter. This will seal it and keep it from flaking off later. Allow Mod Podge to dry for another 15 minutes.
7. Flip the key over. Repeat steps 1-6.
Done! And here is the "After" key!