I saw this a while ago and have been wanting to do it for so long! I finally was able to. The search for a rectangular potholder was easier said than done. I looked everywhere before I found one. So many times, I am traveling and I need to bring my hair straightener with me, but I have just used it and it is still hot, and I don't have time to wait for it to cool down so I can throw it in my bag. Simple fix--cover the hot part and pack it! Here is the original idea.
-1 long, rectangular potholder (not the square ones--they aren't long enough! I got mine from Walmart)
1. Lay your potholder out, and make sure it is long enough to cover the plate part of your straightener.
2. Remove any tags and fold potholder in half, the long way.
3. Starting from the corner with the fold, sew the bottom part shut using loops, to keep it more securely closed.
4. Continue sewing around the corner, and up the long side.
5. Stop sewing when you get to the second corner, leaving the top open. Here is the finished product, with the flat iron inside!
Post a Comment