I admit, this is not an original recipe, but it was a lot of fun to do. I got the cookie cutters at Target.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
-Ninja cookie cutters
-cookie dough (I bought sugar and chocolate chip pre-made rolls)
-icing (desired colors)
1. Place cookie dough roll on a plate.
2. Sprinkle flour on your table or countertop, and roll out a good sized piece of dough from the roll (big enough to cut out the cookie). I did this by hand, but you can use a rolling pin for a flatter finish.
3. Push the cookie cutter firmly down into the dough. Remove the excess edges and set aside.
4. Sprinkle sugar on top of sugar cookie.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place each cookie on the sheet, leaving generous space between each.
6. Follow baking directions on cookie package (mine baked for 10-12 minutes). Here was the result:
OH MY GOD! They became sumo wrestlers in the oven! What happened? ALL of the cookies came out this way. With some quick thinking, and while the cookies were still warm, we re-cut the cookies a second time.
They were a little rough around the edges, but aren't all ninjas?
7. Allow cookies to cool at least 20 minutes. Separate frosting out into bowls. Add food coloring to each bowl to get desired colors.
8. Frost each cookie, and decorate with icing.
What are the most fun cookies YOU have ever made?
Post a Comment