I have had this on my "food to make" list for quite a while, and finally buckled down and made it. I was doing a dinner of snacks, so I picked out a bunch of snacky foods, and this was the only one not prepared in advance. It's super easy, and really tasty! It makes a great snack or appetizer. Here is the original recipe. My version is slightly altered, per usual.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes (for frozen bread dough)
-1 loaf frozen bread dough or 1 can refrigerated bread dough
-1/2 cup sour cream
-3 oz cream cheese
-2 cups spinach, chopped coarsely
-2 tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp pepper
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Rinse the spinach thoroughly in cold water. Chop into small pieces.
3. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Form bread dough into bowl shape small enough to fit in each muffin tin bowl. As a side note, the refrigerated stuff forms a little bit better than the frozen dough. I couldn't make a bowl shape to save my life! The dough should be about an inch thick.
4. Pour the olive oil in a pan, and set to medium-high heat. Cook and stir spinach until wilted (about 3 minutes). Add in garlic powder, and cook for an additional minute. Remove from stove.
5. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese together until well blended.
6. Scoop mixture into each mini bowl.
7. Pop into oven and bake 20-25 minutes, until edges of bowls are golden brown.
Post a Comment