Hands down, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love fall in general, with the cool weather, beautiful colors of the changing leaves, hot apple cider, pumpkin picking, not to mention the lovely aromatic collection of nail polishes, candles, lotions, and body washes at Bath and Body Works and Sephora. Here's a little craft that you can do, and it makes a great gift for friends and family too. Here is the original idea.
-roll of gauze
-hot glue gun
-flameless tea light candle
1. Unroll a strip of gauze. Wrap it around your jar, starting from the top, and overlapping it only slightly with each layer. When it covers the whole jar, cut the piece off that you will use.
2. Taking the gauze between your fingers, gently pull it apart in different directions. This will "rough it up" a bit, like mummy wrappings.
3. Paint the entire jar with Mod Podge, and wrap the gauze around the jar once more, overlapping it only slightly.
4. Allow the Mod Podge to dry about 30 minutes. Then, paint a layer of Mod Podge over the gauze to seal it and keep it in place. Allow to dry for 30 minutes.
5. Using a hot glue gun, glue 2 wiggly eyes on your jar, and allow 15 minutes to dry.
6. You can fill your jar with candy or goodies, or simply place a flameless tea light candle in it, and you can take it to work.