I am a huge fan of my mom's broccoli cheese casserole, so when I saw this recipe, I was pretty excited to try it. It turned out well, and makes a great side dish to any dinner. Here is the original recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
-1 cup instant rice
-1 cup chicken stock
-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
-1 bag frozen broccoli florets (thawed)
-1/2 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
-ranch dressing (optional, to be served on the side)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour chicken stock into a pot and heat on stove top until boiling.
3. Pour in rice, stir, turn off heat, and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Beat eggs in a bowl. Set aside.
5. Mix broccoli, rice, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add in half of the shredded cheese and mix.
6. Coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop mixture into the cups.
7. Top cups with remaining cheese.
8. Put muffin pan into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (until mixture begins to brown around the edges).
9. Serve with ranch dressing on the side. Sorry I did not get an "after" photo--hunger set in and we ate all of the cups!