Sup dudes? It's been a while, I know--I am sorry! I have been so busy with my new job that I have barely had any time to even return phone calls. I have a newly discovered obsession though, and it's called Birchbox! I know I am probably a little late to this fad (as I usually am), but basically it is a subscription for $10 that you sign up for, and every month they ship you a box of sample sized beauty products to try. It's a great way to try out new products and find some that you love and didn't even know existed! Plus, who doesn't love getting a package in the mail on a monthly basis!?! I decided to give it a try. Like Pinterest, you have to actually sign up first to be invited. It took me about 3 days to get invited, but it was well worth the wait. Here is the box that arrived! (The outer shipping box was pretty and bright pink but I annihilated it in my excitement!) The theme is "Wanderlust," or the love of travel, which is something I can really get behind!
It contained a multitude of fun beauty loot including:
1. Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo
2. Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner
3. Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion hair oil
4. Oscar de la Renta live in love Foaming Body Scrub
5. Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder
6. Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection nail polish in Reign in Spain
7. Four adorable postcards to mail out with scenes from New York, Paris, Barcelona, and London
Here are my reviews on each product:
1. The shampoo was pretty good. It is Indian fig, so it smells a bit light and floral. I'm not a huge fan of that, as I tend to lean toward the fruity smelling stuff like Herbal Essences. But overall, its not overpowering.
2. The conditioner was amazingly rich and smelled floral too. When you lather it in your hands, it feels like a thick, luxurious moisturizing lotion. It left my hair feeling very soft and helped a lot with my tangles. I highly recommend this one!
3. The hair oil smelled citrus-y and added some good shine to my hair. I just squeezed a few drops of this on my hands and finger combed it through my locks. It left a nice, glossy finish.
4. The body scrub was nice and luxurious, but I wasn't crazy about the scent--but then again my sniffer has been a bit off because of allergies. Although, as a side note, I know this is Oscar de la Renta and all, and I probably should have attended some sort of fancy event in a ridiculously expensive ball gown, but I just went through the Taco Bell drive-thru after using it. I know what you are thinking--real classy.
5. The finishing powder was light and absorbed oil well. It kept my face from being shiny all day. I applied it after my foundation to set it.
6. The nail polish is very summery and bright pink. I love pink in general, so this was naturally pretty amazing.
I hope you enjoyed my reviews of the products--stay tuned for monthly ones! Birchbox rocks my socks!!