This was the perfect little Halloween snack, and I loved it the moment I saw it. Here is the original recipe. I altered it slightly, since I didn't have vanilla, and I added nutmeg. One thing to note is that it is pretty time intensive, so don't make this if you are in a hurry!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
-½ cup pumpkin puree
-2 refrigerated pie crusts
-8 tablespoons sugar
-3 teaspoons butter, melted
-2 teaspoons beaten egg (crack an egg open, beat it, and use 2 teaspoons for the mix and the rest for coating the pops later)
-¼ teaspoon vanilla
-½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-¾ teaspoon cinnamon
-dash of nutmeg
-pumpkin cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Beat the egg in a bowl and set aside.
4. Mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, melted butter, 2 teaspoons of the beaten egg, and all of the spices (except the cinnamon sugar). Set mixture aside.
5. Roll the dough out onto the cookie sheet. Use the cookie cutter to cut as many cookies out of the dough as possible. Keep in mind you will need an even number of cookies, because you need one for the front and one for the back.
6. Set aside half of the cookies. This half will be the back of the cookies.
7. With the other half of the cookies, use a paring knife to cut little faces onto them. Set aside.
8. Lay out the back of the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Spoon a teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture onto the middle of the cookie.
9. Press a popsicle stick onto the mixture, and cover the stick by spreading the mixture over it.
10. Place a front face cookie on top of each back cookie, lining up the edges. Pinch the edges together to seal the mixture. Use the very edge of the tongs of a fork to seal the edges even better.
11. Using a baking brush, carefully spread remaining egg mixture over the top of each cookie. Finish by sprinkling cinnamon sugar over each cookie.
12. Bake from 15-20 minutes in the oven, or until edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
These turned out delicious! I would try this again with other fillings, like cherry and apple!
Post a Comment