Here's a really great way to make a quick small cherry pie, that only takes about 12 minutes. This is also a great breakfast idea! My mom made this and I was like, why didn't I think of this sooner?!?!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
-1 pie crust (the doughy refrigerated kind, not the ready-made kind)
-1 can of fruit filling (cherry, apple, blueberry, etc)
-1/2 cup flour
-1 tablespoon cinnamon
-1 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Sprinkle your workspace with flour. Roll the dough out on top of the flour.
3. Spread the fruit filling of your choice on half of the pie crust. Be sure to leave about an inch of space from the edge of the crust on this half, so that the filling isn't oozing out all over the place (I learned that the hard way!)
4. Fold the pie crust over the fruit filling covered half and firmly pinch the edges together to seal in the filling.
5. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle them over the top of the pie crust. (You may add more or less to taste).
6. With a fork, poke generous holes all over the top of the pie crust. You may wish to get a little bit fancy and use a mini shape cutter (My mom uses a heart or leaf one), but I didn't have any of those, so it was a "Make it Work" (MIW) moment for me.
7. Transfer pie to cookie sheet (I am not a huge fan of clean up, so I actually put parchment paper down on a cookie sheet--just don't burn it to a crisp which I may or may not have done...) and bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges of crust are golden brown.
8. Enjoy your masterpiece! Om nom nom!
Post a Comment